In Year Admissions (students that require immediate admission to years 7-11)
Surrey County Council strongly discourages transfers between schools as this may impact on your child's learning, however, if you have moved or moving to Surrey and require a school place and are applying for a place other than at the normal admissions/transfer time please contact Surrey Council County admissions team. Application forms can be downloaded from their website or by clicking here.
Once you have completed all parts of the form please return it to: Admissions and Transport, Quadrant Court, 35 Guildford Road, Woking, GU22 7QQ. You will be notified of the outcome of your application within 5 school days of the school receiving the email from Surrey Admissions Team. The school cannot be held responsible for the time taken for Surrey Admissions to process your application.
All applications will be considered under our admissions criteria, which are:
1. Looked after and previously looked after children.*
2. Children with exceptional arrangements.
3. Sibling at time of admission.
4. Children of members of staff, employed at the school for two or more years at the time the application for admission to the school is made, and/or the member of staff is recruited to fill a vacant post for which there is a demonstrable skill shortage.
5. All other children.
Should there be an oversubscription, the criteria will be applied as above and within category 5, places will be offered based on distance. You can find the calculated distance from your home address to Kings International College by clicking here.
A waiting list will be kept by the school and places offered as they arise using the above criteria.
Our admission arrangements can also be viewed on the Surrey County Council website using this link.
• children who are in the care of a local authority or provided with accommodation by a local authority in accordance with Section 22 of the Children Act 1989, e.g. fostered or living in a children’s home, at the time an application for a school is made; and
• children who have previously been in the care of a local authority or provided with accommodation by a local authority in accordance with Section 22 of the Children Act 1989 and who have left that care through adoption, a child arrangements order (in accordance with Section 8 of the Children Act 1989 and as amended by the Children and Families Act 2014) or special guardianship order (in accordance with Section 14A of the Children Act 1989); and
• children who appear (to the admission authority) to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. A child will be regarded as having been in state care outside of England if they were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose is to benefit society. The parent/carer will need to provide evidence to demonstrate that the child was in state care outside of England and left that care as a result of being adopted
If your child has a current Statement of Special Educational Needs (SEN) you should contact the SEN team for the local authority in which you live.
Surrey County Council provides a wealth of information on how to apply for a secondary school place on their website alternatively you can contact them on 0300 200 1004.
If you would like your child to be educated outside their normal age group the admission authority for each school will consider your request according to your child's circumstances and what is in the best interests of your child. You must state clearly why you feel admission to a different year group is in your child's best interest and provide evidence to support this. Parents are advised to contact the local authority at the earliest opportunity for advice. Please also see Surrey's guidance for schools.
Information on appealing a decision regarding admission to Kings can be found here.
If you have any questions which you cannot find on our website please contact Reception by calling 01276 683539 or email email@example.com.