The College was allocated £129,650 for the academic year 2016/2017.
These funds were in addition to the main College budget.
This report includes:
- The protocols outlining the principles governing the use of the funds;
- A summary of the impact of pupil premium.
- A summary of plans for the forthcoming academic year 2015/2016.
- A summary of planned expenditure 2016/2017
The College is fully committed to the ‘narrowing the gap’ agenda and views the Pupil Premium (PP) as a positive opportunity to make a real difference to these students. The use of the Pupil Premium is governed by the following principles:
- Consultation with students, staff and parents on the best use of these funds to create, where possible, personalised support for each individual;
- The targeting of support specifically on raising academic attainment, whilst accepting that self-esteem and self-worth contribute significantly to this goal.
- The creation of a team of specialist staff to provide comprehensive and cohesive support for all aspects of students’ needs.
- The extension of additional provision (where capacity exists) to other vulnerable students to ensure the positive impact of these resources on the largest possible number of students. The priority would be to support young carers, students/families in very difficult situations and those on the Special Educational Needs register.
2. A summary of the impact of pupil premium
3. Summary of planned spending 2015/2016
4. Planned Expenditure 2016/2017