History of Kings
In 1958 a new France Hill School was built on the site where Kings International College now stands in Watchetts Drive. The original France Hill House County Secondary School opened in 1947 on France Hill Drive, Camberley as a mixed secondary school in a 19th century house. The school originally consisted of 90 students (43 girls and 47 boys) aged 13-15 years old, who were accommodated in 4 rooms. By 1948, the school had taken over two huts in the grounds and, between 1953 and 1958, classes were also held in the Central Hall, The Avenue, Camberley.
The school moved to new premises in Watchetts Drive in September 1958 and reopened as a secondary modern school with over 700 pupils on the roll. From this date, the school admitted children from the age of 11, who were accommodated in France Hill House, now known as "The Annex". The school finally ceased to use "The Annex" in 1967 and the lower years were moved to the former Grammar School premises in Frimley Road (now Redwoods Junior School).
A second phase of building development was completed in 1970. In 1971, France Hill became a comprehensive school.
The school closed in August 2001 and a new school, Kings International College for Business and the Arts, opened on the site in September 2001 and Kings continues to be the fabulous secondary school for 11 - 16 year olds that you see today.